Saturday, December 12, 2009

India -- Unity In Diversity

Below are my random thoughts after watching the incidents over the 'Telangana' episode :
Unity In Diversity -- I think i still remember reading this caption first time in my 6th standard Social Studies. It didnt make much sense to me at that young age. I am really wondering whether it makes any sense in current context in my great India. What 'really' binds India?? What is that invisible thread??
1. Is it our cash-rich BCCI's 'Team India' playing a cricket match ?
2. Is it the once-in-a-year Miss Universe & Miss World competition ?
3. Is it our 'Bollywood' ?
I am not sure of above things, but i know few things that the whole of India is united in-- fighting with each other on 'diverse' reasons, going on bandhs/strikes for 'diverse' reasons, burning government buses and vandalizing public property.

After our last general election results, i heard few experts on NEWS channels (both Indians & Foreigners) saying that since this government got a clear mandate, they can be free of coalition shackles and go all-out for economic reforms and better governance. But never underestimate the power of Indians in creating fresh problems for themselves. Now this issue of 'separate states' is going to be a serious head-ache for the central government.

No comments: